Victory For My Llamas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Victory For My Llamas

Victory For My Llamas

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PRIESTSSSSSSSSS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Divinepain

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PRIESTSSSSSSSSS Empty
PostSubject: PRIESTSSSSSSSSS   PRIESTSSSSSSSSS EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 6:13 am

Hello to all priests Very Happy

As blow annonuced that I am new(first) CL of priests Razz (damn blow)
Last time I checked we are 4 priests. 2 main holy(aideen&me) 2 main disc(eregoth&bercky) and 1 offspec shadow(me).

Holy priests as a raid healer show a really good performance.Last night I tested it.So I can say that we can nearly outperform a chain heal cheater bastard BLOWMYTOTEM.CoE PoM FH and PRoH you have to use all skills.With new serpendity PRoH and GH became a more EMERGENCY heal. But I cant say holy is good at Tank heal. Holy cant outperform Disco and Loladins.So it looks like holy priests are become a powerfull raid healer atm.

When we come Disco it is clear.They are powerfull Tank Healer.It is nice to see we have 2 Disco in our guild.After nerf of Rapture they lost limitless mana but they are still more mana efficieny as a tank healer then holy priests.With new Penance glyph (damn I coudnt find it still nowhere) healing a tank become more easy. FoL Penance PwS getting more powerfull heal spell with talents and new glyphs after 3.1. Unfortunately some people noob people always looking healing meter can say that "lol you are pvp specc cant heal blablablablaa" .BULLSHIT. Yes Disc is sux at healing meter because of people dont know mechanics of disc.(dmg reduction and absorb).So say "hıhı" to these people.So with lovely loladins disc priests are necessary for tank healing in my opinion.

Its clear we need to recruit shadow priests.After 3.1 shadow lost unique skills replenishment.This is already given paladins desto warlock and frost mage.Ok we can pass frost mage they are sux xD nwm.In my experiment I can say that shadow priests are exelent dpsers.Perfect at AoE but sux at none moving fights.Anyway they are good dpsers.

Also we will decide priority wlth talking together.(Im sorry for bracer aideen.didnt know that u wanted it Sad ) I dont think where will be a problem.
So this is my first topic as a CL , thakns for reading.
Back to top Go down
Blowmytotem
Admin
Blowmytotem

Number of posts : 1529
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PRIESTSSSSSSSSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRIESTSSSSSSSSS   PRIESTSSSSSSSSS EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 7:11 am

few things...

firstly,, IM AWESOME... second, Recount now accounts for absorb damage <3 Smile so its going to be easier to measure!

thirdly, i kicked brecky last night. we need more disco disco priest! Smile

good start Divine <3 pewpew!
Back to top Go down
http://vfml.guildmmorpg.net
Asop

Asop

Number of posts : 360

PRIESTSSSSSSSSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRIESTSSSSSSSSS   PRIESTSSSSSSSSS EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 7:31 am

I know I'm not an expert at healers but I feel that the new disc priests are vital for MT healing in progression raids.

The effect of shields and absorbsion seems to be very undervalued. I never see anything about how great it really is. Although I don't know if this is talked about more on healing forums.

A shield/absorb is better than a heal anyday. It increases the targets health by the amount of the shield. A heal is reactive and the tank has to take the damage first.

Take last night on Destructor, for example. The boss hits me for a little over 20000 per hit. Because I only have 40000hp fully buffed then 2 full hits in a row with no heal in between will kill me. It just so happened that my 2 healers had just cast a heal a split second before the first hit, they both started to cast another but the 2nd swing hit a split second before the heals landed. The over kill was less than 2khp, a shield or absorbtion proc would have kept me alive and i would have then been back to full health before the next hit .

The old problem with shields on warriors reducing rage (VERY VERY noticible on heroic dungeons my dps/tps is affected by about 30%) has been removed with full rage generated through shields.

Would it be best to make sure a Disc priest (optimised for shielding the tank) is tasked with MT healing?
Back to top Go down
Divinepain

PRIESTSSSSSSSSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRIESTSSSSSSSSS   PRIESTSSSSSSSSS EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 7:47 am

yes Asop explain very well.As I said before Disc priest is necessary for tank healing.Absorbing and dmg reduction skills make this importance.Actually we have 2 priest who playing active atm.(lost of brecky and missing eregoth).Both of us holy atm.So in this situation I can sacrifice myself (damn u blow I cant pwn you Razz ) ad change my specc to disco.I dont want to force aideen because she is doing well as a holy Wink

Asop your new disco partner is getting on show Razz
Back to top Go down
Blowmytotem
Admin
Blowmytotem

PRIESTSSSSSSSSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRIESTSSSSSSSSS   PRIESTSSSSSSSSS EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 7:54 am

indeed Richard, i valued our long discussion on this last night, and you brought a few things to light for me Smile which ill find very usefull when assigning healers.

personally i think for Ulduar, we require 2 disc priests, one holy. if one of you would be able to respec, i think that would be very useful, and allow for more raid healing.

and i just read divines post properly.. awesome stuff divine Wink you could never come close to me anyway, im far too imbah for yooou!
Back to top Go down

PRIESTSSSSSSSSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRIESTSSSSSSSSS   PRIESTSSSSSSSSS EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 7:59 am

Congrats, Divine Smile
Since shields have been buffed even more, I think a disc priest would do a very good job at MT healing, but raid healing also (no cooldown on shields anymore). And don't forget the 3% damage reduction for the whole raid for 20 sec each time a shield is used Smile
Btw, I still don't see absorbs showing up on Recount even though I've downloaded the latest version.
Back to top Go down
Blowmytotem
Admin
Blowmytotem

PRIESTSSSSSSSSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRIESTSSSSSSSSS   PRIESTSSSSSSSSS EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 8:22 am

strange, mine shows, tested it with a disc priest in Nexus HC last night, me tanking. seemed to work fine.
Back to top Go down

PRIESTSSSSSSSSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRIESTSSSSSSSSS   PRIESTSSSSSSSSS EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:34 am

That's odd, it just doesn't show up here scratch Are you sure it didn't say Glyph of Power Word: Shield (which always has shown up on Recount anyway)?
Back to top Go down
Blowmytotem
Admin
Blowmytotem

PRIESTSSSSSSSSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRIESTSSSSSSSSS   PRIESTSSSSSSSSS EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:14 am

nope i actually asked him to shield me and not heal, and recount accounted for the damage taken/absorbed
Back to top Go down
Prime

Prime

Number of posts : 961

PRIESTSSSSSSSSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRIESTSSSSSSSSS   PRIESTSSSSSSSSS EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:36 am

After not reading all this I can say only onw thing. LOL Divine got pwned by Bio on dummy training DPS and it caused him trauma!!!!!!
LOLOLOOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Anyway, in a more serious note, I have spoken to Blow and Andrew and a vrery talented and mature priest(who is already raiding Ulduar on her ally priest) is leveling asap her horde in our server. I have played with her in TBC she is very mature and a very dedicated player. She is named Ressi if you want to check her out and talk to her, divine.
Back to top Go down
Divinepain

PRIESTSSSSSSSSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRIESTSSSSSSSSS   PRIESTSSSSSSSSS EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:59 pm

hehehehe oke Bio I will deal with your friend Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PRIESTSSSSSSSSS Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRIESTSSSSSSSSS   PRIESTSSSSSSSSS Empty

Back to top Go down

PRIESTSSSSSSSSS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Victory For My Llamas :: Image Hosted by ImageShack.usPriest-
Jump to: