Victory For My Llamas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Victory For My Llamas

Victory For My Llamas

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help your MT!

Go down 
+2
Infectum
Asop
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Asop

Asop

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Help your MT! Empty
PostSubject: Help your MT!   Help your MT! EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 2:40 pm

Just been playing around with my gear and decided to spend my emblems on the T8.5 helm. I have listed a combination of gear sets and compared the stats. These can generally be described as best for survivability but have subtle differences which I believe can be optimised for specific fights. My main intent is to exploit the 4 set Tier bonus when it will be most effective but then drop most of that Tier set when it is not (chest, legs and arguably the helm are not necessarily very good items).

Next time we enter Ulduar I will be trying out these different combinations but if anyone can check over my desicions (expecially healers) then it would be appreciated.
Tier GearTier-helmBoss GearBoss+helmBlock Gear
Dodge26.5126.4526.6826.7420.97
Parry17.9718.0017.0717.0418.11
Block19.39 16.32 19.3922.46 41.78
Blk Val1260 123811171137 1717
Health342413424134361 34361 30761
Armour(62.91%) (62.89%)(63.62%) (63.64%)(61.93%)
Hit 21721721721742
Exp 16 242416 11
Att 30182952294830143193
2+4set2+4set2set 2set 2set

Helm in question is T8.5

2 set bonus is +10% crit chance with Devastate

4 set bonus is 20% reduction to magic damage taken whist Shield Blocked (Shield Block lasts 10 secs on 40 sec cd)

Block Gear remains best for Heroic dungeons and OTing Iron Council only (theoretically great for trash packs for holding aggro and avoiding damage but can't get them to attack me anyway due to damn overpowered paladin and DK aoe!)
Boss Gear will be used on generic bosses where threat and/or parry haste is a factor
Boss+helm will be new optimum gear set for generic bosses unless magic or threat/parry haste is a large factor
Tier will be new set for tanking bosses where using set bonus will be particularly useful (Mimiron definitely, Ignis, Auyria, Razorscale...on XT its not "wasting" shield block on tantrum as I take far less damage from it than from melee the rest of fight)
Tier-helm will be chosen for the above bosses if threat/parry haste is a factor
Frost Resist gear will still be used on Thorim

You may have noticed I have also linked my block set in for comparison. Potentially warrior tanking is getting quite a large overall with regards to block in 3.2 which could hurt some tanks similar to that of mages and spirit. For those aren't aware block is very shit for warriors in Ulduar as it is a small chance to remove a small amount of damage yet requires TWO stats to work (block rating and block value) which costs a lot of stat points from gear. However the benefits of block increase exponentially as the damage a mob does gets closer to block value (my unbuffed block value in boss gear is currently 1117 and ulduar bosses hit for 20-26k generally, heck even the trash hits me for up to 12k) which makes it amazing at heroics. As you may see from my gear I have avoided block like the plague for tanking Ulduar which is not what Blizzard or anyone else wants. We WANT to use block just not in its current form:(

Last edited by asop on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Infectum

Infectum

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Help your MT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help your MT!   Help your MT! EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 2:47 pm

Help your MT! Uhh
Back to top Go down
http://www.ekstrakt.net/
Optimus

Optimus

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Help your MT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help your MT!   Help your MT! EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Infectum wrote:
Help your MT! Uhh
Back to top Go down
Komador

Komador

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Help your MT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help your MT!   Help your MT! EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Tier-Helm is way to go for every tanking situation for u imho.We got paladin and Dk tanks for trash and OT , u dont need to gather gear and theorycraft for trash and multipable mob tanking.(except Thorim gauntlet which has max of 3 mobs at a time anyway)
Highest expertise value with best possible Hp and avoidence , 4 set bonus is undenieable.Since almost every boss hits some kind of magical dmg and %20 reduction for 10 sec(which equals %5 reduction in total) is incrediable.Who cares about block gear anyway , blizz is the one who made block a pain in the ass stat to stack.

/my 5 cent
Back to top Go down
Olorin

Olorin

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Help your MT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help your MT!   Help your MT! EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 6:24 pm

Komador wrote:
Tier-Helm is way to go for every tanking situation for u imho.We got paladin and Dk tanks for trash and OT , u dont need to gather gear and theorycraft for trash and multipable mob tanking.(except Thorim gauntlet which has max of 3 mobs at a time anyway)
Highest expertise value with best possible Hp and avoidence , 4 set bonus is undenieable.Since almost every boss hits some kind of magical dmg and %20 reduction for 10 sec(which equals %5 reduction in total) is incrediable.Who cares about block gear anyway , blizz is the one who made block a pain in the ass stat to stack.

/my 5 cent

Totally agree with Komm.I have a rly big chance to block right now(31.07%) and a big amount of block value(1950) which makes me ideal for trash so u shouldnt be concerned about em.U should definetely focus on Boss tanking.Make sure u're exp. capped,have loads of hp and avoidance and dont leave tha magical reduction bonus.I think it's pretty usefull.
Back to top Go down
Vku

Vku

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Help your MT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help your MT!   Help your MT! EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 6:38 pm

go for 4 set bonus imo dude it simply rocks. And ulduar bosses hit alot of magic dmg (such as mimiron)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help your MT! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help your MT!   Help your MT! Empty

Back to top Go down

Help your MT!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Victory For My Llamas :: Image Hosted by ImageShack.usWarrior-
Jump to: