Victory For My Llamas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Victory For My Llamas

Victory For My Llamas

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Patch 3.2 Warrior changes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Asop

Asop

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Patch 3.2 Warrior changes Empty
PostSubject: Patch 3.2 Warrior changes   Patch 3.2 Warrior changes EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 11:37 am

Armored to the Teeth: This talent now provides 1/2/3 attack power per 108 armor, up from per 180 armor.

Small buff to AP. HOWEVER almost no change for prot as we lose the 25% armour buff from our healers (get -10% physical damage instead which is better mitigation at nearly double the amount)

Block Value: The amount of bonus block value on all items has been doubled. This does not affect the base block value on shields or block value derived from strength.

Initially sounds like quite a large improvement but how many raid tanks stack block on their gear? answer:none
End game tanks only have 77 block from items so after talents will gain 100 block. Bearing in mind that end game tanks will also have somewhere between only 15-20% chance to block this change is neligible.

Warrior Melee T9 2P Bonus (Berserker Stance and Battle Stance) (Class: Warrior) -- Berserker Stance grants an additional 2% critical strike chance, and Battle Stance grants an additional 6% armor penetration.

Small but cute increase

Warrior T9 Melee 4P Bonus (Execute and Slam) (Class: Warrior) -- Increases the critical strike chance of your Slam and Execute abilities by 5%.

Not bad

Warrior T9 Tank 2P Bonus (Intervene) (Class: Warrior) -- Decreases the cooldown on your Intervene ability by 5 sec.

WTF. This must be a joke. Since 3.0 intervene has all but dissapeared from a tanks bar. Very few occasions when intervene gets used and certainly not to the point when reducing it to 25secs will make a difference whatsoever. I can guarantee this will never ever be used. Proof blizzard don't play warriors. At best this is a PVP upgrade.

Warrior T9 Tank 4P Bonus (Shield Block) (Class: Warrior) -- Decreases the cooldown on your Shield Block ability by 20 sec.

Now we are talking. Shield Block with a 50% up time. Combine this with the improvent of block value on gear and I think we will see block become more desirable (read Block Value, Block Rating will be shite). HOWEVER warrior tanks have more button presses then anybody else in the game, its like playing a piano. 2 different abilites every single gcd atm with the occasional special now we will have 2 per gcd and 3 at the same time every 20secs:p How will my keyboard cope? Or fingers!?
Back to top Go down
Asop

Asop

PostSubject: Re: Patch 3.2 Warrior changes   Patch 3.2 Warrior changes EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 11:49 am

Just been looking over all my Block Value gear and ALL of it comes combined with block rating. With the 4set T9 bonus this will become counter intuitive as for 50% of the time you could have 0 block rating and yet still have 100% chance to block. The block rating on the gear takes the place of expertise, hit and sometimes avoidance which makes it useless to main tank in.

Fingers crossed we will see items with high block value, NO block rating, and a fair share of expertise, hit and avoidance.

This could be a very interesting direction for warriors, shame it is only viable with a 4set bonus...
Back to top Go down
Olorin

Olorin

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Patch 3.2 Warrior changes   Patch 3.2 Warrior changes EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:59 am

I aint that good with warriors but that might interest u

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/26/18031077300-proposed-warrior-rage-changes.html
Back to top Go down
Asop

Asop

PostSubject: Re: Patch 3.2 Warrior changes   Patch 3.2 Warrior changes EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:59 pm

Olorin wrote:
I aint that good with warriors but that might interest u

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/26/18031077300-proposed-warrior-rage-changes.html

This is the post that enraged me. They have completly missed the point. When we OT how do we generate rage? We start off with 0 and generate 0 reducing us almost soley to auto attack.

Also it still makes our rage inversely proportional to our gear. The better the gear the worse the tanking. A pitiful 5 rage is nothing to the 100rage we get when we take a hit
Back to top Go down
Olorin

Olorin

PostSubject: Re: Patch 3.2 Warrior changes   Patch 3.2 Warrior changes EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 1:13 pm

Hmm i see...

Well the only thing i can say to soothe u is that if ur using block gear at trash ur shield slam will do more dmg/threat at next patch Razz
Back to top Go down
Mietsch

Mietsch

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Patch 3.2 Warrior changes   Patch 3.2 Warrior changes EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:36 am

Warriors

Talents

Fury

Armored to the Teeth: This talent now provides 1/2/3 attack power per 108 armor, up from per 180 armor.

Bloodsurge: Notification that Slam has become instant now appears in floating combat text.

Protection

Devastate: Weapon damage increased to 60% and bonus per Sunder Armor on the target increased by 20%.

Shield Specialization: Now provides 5 rage on a block, dodge or parry instead of 2 rage on a block.

Some nice prot changes added
Back to top Go down
Olorin

Olorin

PostSubject: Re: Patch 3.2 Warrior changes   Patch 3.2 Warrior changes EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 8:09 am

Yup i believe Asop should be happy Razz
Back to top Go down
Asop

Asop

PostSubject: Re: Patch 3.2 Warrior changes   Patch 3.2 Warrior changes EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 8:23 am

Actually no. The devaste change is a buff (but probably neligible) but the rage gen on dodge parry block makes me want to hunt down and kill the warrior dev because (although he must be on another planet)

This is completely the wrong direction and will only make the warrior problems worse. We don't have a big issue with rage gen whilst being attacked anyway. Any spouts of rage starvation was part of the gen. We dont want to be like the other facerolling other classes when we can do all our moves nomatter what. We want rage gen from damage dealt so we can do more than ~200dps/tps whilst OTing (yes this is really how bad it is)

And to cap it all THEY INCLUDE THIS IN A TALENT THAT NO END GAME WARRIOR USES (apart from 2 points wasted in it to get to the next tier of talents). So if we want to benefit from this mediochre change we need to lose 3 points else where.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
BLIZZARD MUST DIE
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
Back to top Go down
Olorin

Olorin

PostSubject: Re: Patch 3.2 Warrior changes   Patch 3.2 Warrior changes EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 8:54 am

asop wrote:
We don't have a big issue with rage gen whilst being attacked anyway. Any spouts of rage starvation was part of the gen. We dont want to be like the other facerolling other classes when we can do all our moves nomatter what.

Though thats what Blizz is trying to achieve with every class Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patch 3.2 Warrior changes   Patch 3.2 Warrior changes Empty

Back to top Go down

Patch 3.2 Warrior changes
Page 1 of 1