Victory For My Llamas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Victory For My Llamas

Victory For My Llamas

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Apply - Paladin DualSpec - Prot/Retri

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ketherie

Apply - Paladin DualSpec - Prot/Retri Empty
PostSubject: Apply - Paladin DualSpec - Prot/Retri   Apply - Paladin DualSpec - Prot/Retri EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:15 am

Name: Nelson
Sex: Male
About yourself: A survivor.
Online time: Raid times only.
Communication: Ventrilo, also have my own Vent server
We are raiding 3-4 times a week(Mon-Thu) starting 20:00 server time and ending 00:00. Are you okay with this days/times? Yeah, except at some thursdays.

II. Character Information
Nick: Ketheriel
Class: Paladin
Race: Blood Elf
Level: 80
Time played: 120 days

Talent spec: Prot (0/54/17) >> needs to be worked around with some minor changes, as a Paladin can pump 12K TPS under Heroism and 6/8K with normal raid buffs. It's just a respec, has been battle proven in my RP Paladin on Ulduar with inferior gear.
Off Spec: Retri (0/19/52)
Post your UI: Not available at the moment
Professions: Enchanting (450) - will change second to something else.

III. Additional Informations
About your class: My first Paladin was Overdose on Malfurion US. My second Paladin is Ketheriel, created one month after TBC when I change to European Realms. My third Paladin is a RP Paladin on Argent Dawn. I've chosen a Paladin because it used to be a great hybrid untill 1.6, then Kalgan made us obsolete, and now its once more a powerfull hybrid (bye bye droods and priests). I picked Paladin because its a class fun to play and mastering a class like Paladin ain't for the most common of mortals, unlike other classes which are based on easy pre-set rotations and spams of single skills. Paladins pack great survival skills and huge offensive fire power, making them a fierce enemy in the battlefield. Best threat generating tanks, powerfull healers or even great DPS'ers with good benefict for the raid. What can u ask more of a class?

What theorycrafting have you done with you're class?
What websites and/or Forums do you visit? Elitist Jerks, Henchmen Guid site.
Preparation to raids: Potions are obsolete nowadays, no longer need to carry a battalion of them, and you can only one by boss, sad but true. Flasks if needed, but with the correct avoidance and gear for your role, there isnt actually much needed for off-tank duty. If required, they'll be there.
Experience: Done all raids at the correct level from old Stratholme raid to Ulduar. Only haven't killed Kil'Jaeden in Sunwell. I've played in the best guilds in the servers I've been:
Paragon - Malfurion US (top 10 naxx us/oceanics)
Wipe Club - Trollbane (also known for some as Anger Management, one of the best if not the best before Vortex showed up on Trollbane)
Grim Batol - Henchmen (best Horde guild with all SWP first kills Horde side and most BT first kills).

PvP: 2K rating during S3 (when we could still use and swap gear from BT during fights).
Alts: No alts, only 3 paladins, and one is on a deactivated account on a US server.
Previous guild: Some italian guild.

Reason to join us: Because I'm a retard at birth (my old exclusive rank in Wipe Club).
Expectations of VFML: Duty, Courage, Honor.
Your goals: Kill Arthas and retire. I'm very sad with how blizzard is making WoW nowadays. Their "milk the cow" strategy with easy raids and free loot for everyone is kinda sad. No longer our gear is a token of your progress and skills. We've entered a new stage of mass grinding, achivements. I want mine!
Back to top Go down
Ketherie

PostSubject: Re: Apply - Paladin DualSpec - Prot/Retri   Apply - Paladin DualSpec - Prot/Retri EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:30 am

I would like to say that I've played with some of your members in the past. I've found some skillfull players, and those are without any doubt good to have around, as most likely I've found some less skillfull who might have tasted my wrath in pugs I usually did. If that was the case, ain't personal.

I would like also to let everyone know that I've met lots of self-called "best tankadins ever", and in most cases, their knowledge is crappy. I'm not following no one else's tips or leads, I'm following my own experience, that means, I socket my gear as I want, I enchant my gear as I want, and I use the build I want, because in most cases the so called "perfect builds" are crap for my play style, which was developed while in Henchmen on Grim Batol. My play stayle is pumping enough threat into a group, so that it can be aoe'ed in 20/25 seconds through burst dmg. DPS players will love me.

My gear method comes in two parts:

Part One: Massive block value gear. This is for trash tanking, as block value tanking 5/6+ adds will mitigate far more than crappy dodge/parry rates. Remember that Paladins can reach 90% block rate avoidance in cycles of 8 seconds.

Part Two: Regular Avoidance gear. This is meant mainly for boss level add tanking, while you will be tanking slow hard hitting swings. In this case I will need more dodge/parry and less block.

I accomplish the first with high end 25 men pieces with block rate/ block value and the second by 10 men raid sets. Both socketing and enchanting are different for those, as I will need two shields, one for avoidance and a second for massive threat generation.

I will gadly OT/MT a naxx25 run for trial if you guys want. When it comes to items. I usually dont take minor upgrade items. I can pretty much post what I want for my gear up, as I dont collect "ego" gear, but instead only the stuff that will make my stats perfect. Unfortunatly, this means I aint rolling for most of the TX.5 sets. But I do like to have a good shield and a decent DPS weapon alongside with a Tanking Weapon.

Thats pretty much how I plan to develop my character.
Back to top Go down
Deathstick

Deathstick

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Apply - Paladin DualSpec - Prot/Retri   Apply - Paladin DualSpec - Prot/Retri EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:34 am

Thank you for your application Ketherie. We are not currently looking for any tanks at the moment. On top of that we currently have 1 to 2 paladin offtanks.
I understand that you have rolled Prot from early days however, at this time I dont feel we would be able to consider your application unless you was willing to re spec retri as ur main spec.
Thanks for you application, I await your reply Smile
Back to top Go down
Deathstick

Deathstick

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Apply - Paladin DualSpec - Prot/Retri   Apply - Paladin DualSpec - Prot/Retri EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 12:59 pm

Please contact me ingame for further information regarding your application.
Deathstick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apply - Paladin DualSpec - Prot/Retri   Apply - Paladin DualSpec - Prot/Retri Empty

Back to top Go down

Apply - Paladin DualSpec - Prot/Retri
Page 1 of 1